[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) What was it?

<< Thanks for the warm welcome from many of you.  I've corrected the address
 now.  Here is one of those elementary questions you enjoy so much.  On
 the nights of July 22/23 and 23/24 at aprox. 3:30 am, I found myself
 watching what seemed to be a meteor shower.  On each night I counted 8
 meteor streaks in less than an hour.  They seemed to be coming from the
 east southeast, a little north of the Pliedes, and about 25o above the
 hidden horizon. (mountains and trees in Vermont are common)

 What was I seeing?  I know this is not a scientific description of the
 radient, but for now it's the best I can do.  Thanks and hello again.

----
Andrew,
As to what you were seeing on those nights...I want to suggest Perseids...but
the positioning you gave if accurate tells me not. I do tend to notice a lot
more meteors this time of year coming from all kinds of directions in that
area...Perhaps if you were to plot some of these mystery critters, some more
insight can be made?  Did they appear very Fast,,,medium or slow?
George Z.