[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Distance to Observing site

>It's those nights that I have to attend some kind of family
>function in the evening and then beat feat up there without my pre-observing
>nap that really takes it's toll on me. I highly advise at least a 2 hour nap
>immediately prior to observing...If you don't, around 2 or 3 am you will
>become a believer.

This is a good point George, and one I have become a believer of many times.
Under the best circumstances, I try to get in bed at 6:00 pm local, and
sleep till 11:30. Then I can make it through the night. But the best
circumstances rarely come, as my 9-month old daughter loves to crawl to the
bedroom to see what "Da Da" is doing. Then it's like you've said before, I
become a zombie!

Mark Davis