[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Distance to Observing site

>Sometimes it does clear up a few hours prior to sunrise when you think the
>night is a total loss. Just got to have a little persistence.

Yup, that's generally true on the Right Coast, too, although the inland weather
(i.e., Western New England) is generally not much better than the coastal...

The problem is if you don't have free and/or easy access to a dark sky site, or
you're not comfortable sleeping there for some other reason, or worse yet, you
REALLY REALLY WANT to do some meteor observing tonight, but you have to go to
work at 8 am the next morning... (x^*) Then, those nearby sites are a god-send.

Of course, if I ever find that fire-sale patch of land in rural Maine, the
Hurricane Andrew Memorial Meteor Observatory will finally be founded, and this
problem will be solved for me, too! Here's hoping for the future... ;>

Clear skies,
Lew