[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Plotting During Major Showers

<<   About learning how to plot, I guess you must crawl before you can walk,
 or run, but once you learn it it stays with you. For instance, I hadn't
 plotted in decades, but because I had plotted over 600 meteors for AMS in
 the early 60s, relearning it again was easy. Sort of like riding a bicycle.

 GWg

Or chewing gum.  George G. mentions in another message that he learned the
constellations by doing variable star observing work and other basic naked
eyeball or binocular sky watching activities.  I once thought that was
another good  way of learning the constellations besides meteor observing and
I don't want to slight learning the constellations by these means any at all.
Getting back to plotting meteors though...you will find yourself being forced
to convert many stars in the sky to the charts in a very wide area real
fast....the constellations come to mind real quick this way. From those who
get their plotting charts from me, you will notice some extra lines drawn in
or erased because I see different patterns than what where on the charts. You
might not agree with my star patterns and feel that you should erase and
redraw some of mine even...if this will aide you, go ahead...just don't move
the stars around. Do what you have to without moving stars around so that you
can relate better the patterns you see in the sky to what you see on your
charts.
George Z.