[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Plotting During Major Showers

George and Bob. I have been stacking all the charts (except 10,11,and 12,
which are so low I doubt I'd ever use them at 40 dgrees N) on the
clipboard. Since I have just started plotting, I have also tried to place
my field of view exactly in the center of my *hot* chart for the observing
period. The next four charts are the four which surround that one, I even
put little numbers on the edges of my hot chart so I know which number
chart is in each direction.
	During my next (Perseid) vacation, I'll be constructing a plotting
platform something like what George uses, with multiple clipboards for the
plotting charts, and recording form. Hope to have several string attached
pencils, a straitedge, and Red light to keep everything handy. Stopwatch
too.
After all, I've learned some things in my training period, like how you can
lose all seven of the pencils that you have, and how fast plotting charts
can move if they get away!
Wayne
-------------
Original Text
From GeoZay@aoldot com, on 7/31/96 12:32 AM:
To: <meteorobs@latradedot com>

<< only use 2 charts at a time so it does not take long to decide on which
 one it belongs.

------
Wayne,
Bob keeps only 2 charts on hand...I personally have a complete set on my
large clipboard...I line them up however with the one's I will most likely
be
using down to the one's most likely to not use.  On the average plotting
nite, I will use 3 or 4 charts in the end.  Actually though as I think
about
it, bob usually starts near 1 am and I start near 10 pm.  since I usually
don't move around during the coarse of the night...unless for special
reasons...such as a certain radiant has risen, or the moon has risen I will
be needing the use of about 2 more charts for the night. So...in reality we
probably use about the same number of charts per hours of plotting.
George Z.