[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Technology Advantage

To All,
I have been involved with computers for a few years, as a user at first,
and later as a professional.  Watching the Net grow is somewhat
overwhelming even to a seasoned person.  Only a short 2 years ago, the
norm was command line text browsers, gopher servers, and simple mail
handlers.  The present mode is graphical browsers, ISPs, and POP3, or
IMAP desktop mailers.

The speed with which reports, of all types are communicated is increasing
exponentially.  We have nearly instantaneous communication.  An example
of the benefits
of this is the information shared by Mark and George regarding my
sightings.  I have gained the experience of the combined years of thier
sightings, in a short few days.  Can you all imagine the implications of
this?  We as a society, globally, will learn more in less time than ever
before.  The mysteries of the universe will fall open, and the answers
will be exposed at light speed.

It isn't too difficult to imagine that most, or all, observers will carry a
laptop computer into the feild someday.  The recording of all the
parameters will be done in a few short mouse cliks.  The info will be
summerized and transmitted to HQ before you fold the lawn chair.

Boy, do I love this stuff.
Andrew G. Bacchi
Vax System Manager
Castleton State College