[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) The AMS

>  It seems to me that as far as visual meteor observation goes:
>       * The AMS is only interested in sporadic background counts.

This is probably a fair assessment, based on what I understand from Jim.

>       * The IMO is interested in their list of meteors showers, but no others.

Not totally true. IMO is interested in the sporadic background. Also, they
keep track of showers not on their current list if listed "officially" as a
sporadic but noted as a shower member as a "comment." Rainer, can you
provide additional input?

>       * The ALPO meteors section is interested in all of the above, plus other
>         meteor showers undiscovered or not on the IMO list of meteor showers.

Also probably a fair assessment.

Mark Davis
MeteorObs@charlestondot net