[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) The AMS & ALPO

-- [ From: Robert Lunsford * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

Lew,  You wrote:

> Perhaps emphasizing this point in itself is the best way of bridging
any
> gap  between the two organizations? Also, I don't doubt the
> representatives of ALPO  Meteors on the list could probably provide
us
> some insights if they wanted, into  how their work clearly
complements
> what's going on in Europe and Geneseo, too!

Our organization seems to have attracted observers who wanted to belong
to a national group other than the AMS. Many (such as myself) belong to
both. Experienced ALPO and AMS observers who do not wish to join the
IMO still have their data sent to Europe after I convert them to IMO
formats.  As the leader of ALPO one of my primary goals is to get every
piece of usable data to Europe to be included in the IMO's visual
database. Another important goal is to let each and every member know
that their contributions are important and to eliminate that "Black
Hole Syndrome" of no communication that plagues the AMS and this meteor
section before I took over some 7 years ago.

Bob