[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Velocity ( formerly what is it?)

<< Wiser heads can correct me if I'm wrong, but I've gotten the impression
that
 seconds accuracy is usually only important with multistation photography,
etc.

----
Lew,
seconds accuracy is only useful for fireballs that you may have
photographed...not only for multistation photography either.  Let's say you
are doing unguided meteor photography...You need to know the start and stop
time of the exposure to within 1 second.  then the meteor appearance time to
within 3 seconds.  Otherwise, there will be no way to determine the meteors
position from an unguided camera exposure.  I only record times to the second
when I think I have photographed something that is about 0 to -1 magnitude or
briter.
George Z.