[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) radiocontrolled clocks

> From: Jim Richardson <richardson@digitalexpdot com>
> To: meteorobs@latradedot com
> Subject: Re: (meteorobs) radiocontrolled clocks
> Date: Sunday, August 04, 1996 7:03 PM
>
> At 09:40 PM 8/4/96 GMT, Mark wrote:
>
> > We use small alarmclocks (bedside) battery powered from Junghans.
> They are small and handy and can be used under various conditions ( not
> toooo cold)
> The broadcasting radiostations is not further away then 1500 km.
> >

> That's pretty neat, Mark.  I have never heard of such a clock being sold
on
> our side of the ocean, although someone who digs through the astronomy
> magazines might know of one that I don't.  To make up for this lack on
the
> commercial market, I have seen some people build their own 12 VDC
battery
> powered clocks for use in observations.

I have seen the Junghans clocks advertized in the US for several years.
You can generally find them in some of the upscale gadgit catalogs like
Sharper Image.  Many clock shops have them as well.  The disadvantage to
them is that they are large (maybe 10" tall by 8" wide by 2" deep) and
expensive (~$200).

[SNIP]

--
Bill Tschumy