[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) computer plotting vs chart manual plot

<< This is exactly what my last email was addressing, keypads can be painted
 with flourescent paint-seeing in the dark not a problem, keypads can be
 proggramed with accepted abbreviations(especially touch pads), The
 technology is small enough and discrete enough to be about the size of the
 typical clipboard. I find that you all can point out the things that need
 to exist to make this useful. Might I suggest a list. Andrew, are you
 looking to under take a project?
 Marji

-------
This is an example of what I mean you should get out there and try plotting
to see what kind of problems you will have.  I once painted a little
measuring device that I was trying to make with fluorescent paint so that
seeing in the dark would not be a problem.  The problems I encountered were
at least these: You have to keep shining a brite light on the painted object
about every 30 minutes to keep the paint glowing.  The other problem was that
while this object glowed, it produced a constant interference to the eye
while observing. When it's very dark, any little glowing lite to one's
periferal vision is a very big distractant.
George Z.