[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) computer plotting vs chart manual plotting.

>you all can point out the things that need to exist to make this useful. Might
>I suggest a list?

Marji, I hope this is exactly the kind of discussion which can thrive on
meteorobs. Feel free to start a separate mailing list for this if you wish, but
if you're looking for discussion of your ideas by experienced meteor observers
(of all stripes), I think meteorobs is your best bet.

BTW, with regard to entering non-positional information via computer, one
obvious possibility which a powerful PC-in-the-field opens up is simple speech
recognition: saying "second magnitude,sporadic,yellow" as you plot a meteor is a
whole lot easier than fiddling with keypads AFTER you plot one. The vocabulary
is simple enough that even very primitive SR technology on a low-end machine
should be up to it, and it has many obvious advantages. Thoughts?

Lew