[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: (meteorobs) Possible Xi Perseid and Perseids

Sorry George, no sky here in NJ. Need to chop a hole in the haze with a
machete. Chew your air before you breathe it, etc. I did check last night,
but by best LM under *clear* skies was 2.8, and it got worse from there :-(
	Wayne
-------------
Original Text
From Stop Light Pollution! <GLIBA@grossc.gsfc.nasadot gov>, on 8/6/96 9:32 AM:
To: <meteorobs@latradedot com>

   I got up to look for possible Xi Perseids this morning and saw only one
for
sure. As I mentioned, I was clouded out last year, but two years ago saw
eight
in less than two hours (six in 44 minutes). Did anyone else see any? Anyway,
got clouded out after 07:45 UT, but managed to get a good hour in. Below is
my
data in condensed form. A comprehensive report will be sent to the ALPO
Meteors
Section. Two regular Perseids, one Aquarid, and four sporadics were also
seen.

                    Early Perseid and Xi Perseid Meteor Counts
                               Observer: G.W. Gliba

              Greenbelt, Maryland   Limiting Magn. 5.0  Half Moon
                               Tape Recorder Used

      Date           UT       Teff   F     LM    Per   Aqr  *Xi Per  Spor

  Aug 5/6 1996  06:41-07:42   1.00  1.00   5.0    2     1      1      4

* means plotted - only potential Xi Perseids were plotted

MAGNITUDE DISTRIBUTIONS:

SHOWER  -6  -5  -4  -3  -2  -1  0  +1  +2  +3  +4  +5  +6  TOTAL
PER                             1               1           2
AQR                             1                           1
XPR                                         1               1
SPOR                                1   2   1               4

                                                     Total: 8