[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Possible Xi Perseid and Perseids/Weather

At 11:29 06/08/96 -0400, Lew wrote:

>Wish I had, George! I had my calendar marked for both nights, and both got
>clouded out... Not just all-day, all-night cloudiness, but that niggling,
>annoying, clear-as-a-bell-at-sunset-and-then-slow-creaping-cirrus kind of
>cloudiness that we are so famous for here in New England! x^*
>
>Not to mention that the mugginess kept making me slip out of my lawnchair. :(

I know the feeling Lew!. We're having the high cirrus or low cumulus
cloudiness type-of-weather at the moment. I'm begining to forget what a true
clear sky looks like. 8-(

I am hoping that it will clear for August 8th onward, but I would happily
settle for clear dark -and sharp!- skies for Perseid maxima on the night of
11/12th August.

Clear, dark and sharp skies!,

Graham.
Graham Beedie, Monifieth, Dundee, Scotland, UK.
LAT - 56 deg 27' 54"N
LON - 003 deg 00' 42"W