[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) computer plotting vs chart manual plot

Marji or anyone?

I just want to say, that despite all my negative talk about any device used
to plot meteors by means of any automated method using computer technology
over the pencil and paper method, I am willing to give any such device a
serious testing over several nights.  I will give you my honest
opinion..dot despite being biased, on any such test. I will also tell you what
is troublesome and what is worthwhile and any possible suggestions that may
help to improve a device...but you will have to instruct me on it's usage and
keep it very simple...in otherwords...speak very S-L-O-W! If you can't
convince me...essentially a computer illiterate, you might have a hard time
making this puppy fly.

Speaking on the subject of the device, has anyone proposed how the data is
suppose to go from the observer to the whomever gets it? Would this be done
out in the field, at home from a "diskette" or something?...pony express
maybe?