[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) UK weather

This side of the Atlantic has been pretty dismal for the past couple
of days, with cloud-out for Monday and Tuesday (5-6, 6-7 August).
We've had something of a clearance working across the southern UK at
least today, so maybe we'll actually get our observaitons rolling at
last! At least a few of us did get out pre-moonrise on Sunday before
the clouds came. The weekend is forecast to be "changeable", which
could mean anything. I think many of us would swap you guys in the US
your mosquitoes for a high probability of clear skies - this summer
has been marked by slow-moving fronts from Atlantic depressions,
getting jammed as they hit the continental high pressure; we're under
the boundary and have had a lot of cloudy nights in consequence.
Our big hope is to be under clear skies for a possible early peak
from the Perseids around midnight UT on Sunday. Then again it may
never happen....
Neil Bone