[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) CAVMOT

Hi all,

Well, I'm finished with one of two major papers, for the summer semester
(trimester), and I'm able to spend some time reading mail.  I see the
idea regarding digital recording is still being discussed, and I'm glad
for all the varied comments on benefits and problems.  This is the best
way to work out the details.

Marji, I hope to do some programmig in Pascal nest semester and if I
can convince my professor, I will try out a simple example of a sky
chart linked to an input device.  We don't have access to a wand but
the idea will work with a keyboard.

One thing I need help on is the third dimension for tracking, the 'z'
coordinate.  If 'y + delta y' and 'x + delta x' renders the 2D
coordinates, is the 'z' coord taken into consideration in reporting?
How does it affect the characteristics of a sighting?  Or, if not
detectable, is there any error correction used in analyzing reports?

Are the parameers of a piece of sky set up in RA hours, or degrees?
Which areas of the zodiac would be the most commomnly used? at least
to start with.

Thinking 3D is one thing, plotting 2D is another.  Or, vice versa.

The weekend weather is more promising than are the present conditions,
in Vermont.  The humidtity causes early morning mist, and I have spent
little time looking up.  The dryer air is supposed to move in by
Saturday; hopefully the dark ours will be clear for the show.

See you all later.

Andrew G. Bacchi
Vax System Manager
Castleton State College