[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) computer plotting vs chart manual plot

Thanks for the insight, Jim: when I first contacted Dr. Meisel about rejoining
AMS, he mentioned a number of ideas re: automatic collection to me, but framed
them all as pure speculation, never mentioning that there were actually people
actively working on them now. I'm excited that there ARE <emphasis> such people!

As always, if a UNIX and Windows software developer (who couldn't wire-wrap his
way out of a paper breadboard) would be of assistance in your evaluation and/or
prototyping, you have my email address! <grin>

Coincidentally, I'd put a much stronger vote in favor of a voice-based recording
system, only because the learning curve and specialized hardware required would
both be minimized. I'm also like George when it comes to keyboards in the field!

Clear skies to all for the Perseids!
Lew Gramer