[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Perseid weather

Graham,
       Probabl no need to clog the system with weather notes in the
coming days (when it's probably going to get hectic!). Better to
stick to the WWW and get things locally as required - the UK Met
Office site has recent satellite imagery for NW Europe, which is
worth accessing. Looks like we've got 'dynamic' weather for the next
few days, so take whatever clear sky comes, and make the most
possible use of it. (Results to Brian for BAAMS, in your instance, of
course!).
   Clear-ish for a time in S England and the English Midlands. Rates
for the perseids certainly picking up, and one or two classic
examples with flaring/trains. From memory, with skies a rather scuzzy
LM 5.25, I got 20 Persieds in 2 hours from 2140-2340 UT, with cloud
thereafter. Tonight's not too hopeful, but someone somewhere in the
UK could be lucky...
   Used to think it was an advantage as a Scot to be under clear
skies in the south of England as a return on exile. Not s sure, given
the appalling luck we've had in Sussex for the Perseids in 93, 94,
and so far in 96.... If the forecast depression clears through on
Sunday afternoon, we might have a fighting chance! nI'm off for a
couple of days Mon/Tues next week in the vain hope that I'll be too
knackered to work after night-long vigils..|-|(
NB