[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) soggy meteor plots

<<
 Question to those with more experience plotting meteors:

 We east coasters suffer from more humidity and dampness overnight so that
 even with a cover on the plotting paper the pages can get wrinkly and I
 would presume stretch so that the page scale may change.  When one submits
 meteor plots should they be transfered to clean plots or should the
 original "field" plot  be submitted to George ???

 Thanks,   Pete G.

-----
Pete,
If the original "field" plot becomes too damaged to use properly, by all
means transfer them onto clean plots if need be. I've been reading a lot of
talk recently about soggy charts...I'm quite puzzled about this problem
really.  There are nites were the moisture forms on the plastic cover of my
plotting charts as if it just rained...but the way I have my double clip
board designed...that is the board is about 2 inches larger than the size of
the charts being used and the clear plastic cover is the same size as the
board, I seldom experience any moisture at all on my charts.  Perhaps just
constructing an adequate clip board cover ...or even a larger clipboard will
solve most of your problems? Dew does form here quite heavily at night.
George Z.