[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Aug 8/9 Meteor Results

To: George Zay and Meteorobs.
From: Marco Langbroek, Dutch Meteor Society

Guys and Girls,

Bad news. Almost the whole of western and large parts of eastern Europe are
under a giant monstruous depression at this moment. Prospects for August
11/12 are very bad indeed. An enormous frontal depression extends from
Northern Britain over the North sea, through Germany/Poland,
Switserland/Austria, France to within Spain! Some 1000-1500 miles cross
section at least! I have never seen something like this before....
Scandinavia has nice weather, but also midnight Sun at this moment....

So, it will be ALL UP TO YOU GUYS for 11/12. If you had no plans to: please
go out that night and observe from twilight to twilight!!! We depend on you!

Very depressed,

Marco Langbroek, Dutch Meteor Society temporary headquarters.

PS: even a long drive won't help us. We have everything: the cars, mobile
telephone, energy supplies, GPS navigations... Damn damn damn! This is
worse, this is devilish.

PS2: we have a very minor hope on a clearing presently over Cornwall (Great
Britain), about 300 kms (200 miles) wide. But I am affraid that it will have
filled in by 11/12. If not, we're going for it! It might be over Normandy
then, about 800km (500 miles) distant. we are prepared for it! This night,
or tomorrow morning, we will decide whether we take a drive to this area,
with the aid of renewed predictions and our own private meteorologist Jacob
Kuiper.
|     Casper ter Kuile, Akker 145, NL-3732 XD De Bilt, the Netherlands     |
|    Phone: (31)-30-2203170; Fax: (31)-30-2202695; GSM: (31)-6-54723974    |
|                         E-mail: pegasoft@cc.ruudot nl                       |
|       World Wide Web: http://www.pidot net/~terkuile/meteors/dms.htm        |