[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteor Results Aug 11/12 ZAYGE

Last night I was able to observe for an approximate 7.5 hours under clear
skies of about 6.0 magnitude.  I recorded data on 271 meteors Plus or Minus
about 3 from my hand counter...assuming that I might have over corrected or
under correcrted a few errors. The most Perseids recorded for any one hour
was probably in the neighborhood of about 50....and most likely the last hour
before dawn.  I will post a more complete summary later this afternoon after
I had some sleep and a chance to down load the tape recorder. It definitely
didn't seem as active as the Perseid showers I've read or observed in recent
years...but still enjoyable.  I kept expecting it to "kick butt"...whenever I
thought it was just starting to do that, it would slow down some.
George Zay