[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Perseid's 11/12th "rained out" in N.E Scotland

Hi Everyone,

Unfortunately, the weather here in Monifieth -see signature for exact
location- put paid to any observations of the Perseids. The day of the
11/12th was exceptionally clear which boosted my hopes that the night would
be clear. Unfortunately by 20 00 UT cumulus had started to roll in and by 21
00 UT the sky was completely clouded over. By 21 30 UT it was raining
heavily!. I checked the sky for the last time at 02 00 UT the cumlus had not
shifted and it did'nt look like it was going to! :(.

As I write this -18 55 UT, 12/13th- there is sporadic cumulus and cirrus
making the sky very hazy. It does'nt look hopeful!.

Clear Skies,

Graham.

*Graham Beedie, Monifieth, Dundee, Tayside, Scotland, UK.*
*LAT - 56 deg 27' 54"N                                   *
*LON - 003 deg 00' 42"W                                  *