[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Perseid Obs. Aug 11-12

Hi Tom,

At 06:07 12/08/96 +0100, you wrote:

>Cloud finally cleared here just prior to midnight UT, though LM's
>were poor.  Here's a quick breakdown of results:
>
>Location:  Glengarnock, Ayrshire, Scotland.  Lat 55.45'N  Long 4.40'W

At least you had clear skies Tom. Here on the east coast we were clouded and
rained out!. It's been the same story all summer!.

>Now hoping for better conditions tonight but weather forecasts are
>not favourable.

Your right about the weather forecasts for tonight, there certainly not
positive. Looking out of my window at the moment -19 15 UT- we have cumulus
50 deg in elevation from the eastern horizon -roughly where the radiant
rises from :(.

Thanks for posting your observations.

Clear Skies -How we wish!,

Graham.
*Graham Beedie, Monifieth, Dundee, Tayside, Scotland, UK.*
*LAT - 56 deg 27' 54"N                                   *
*LON - 003 deg 00' 42"W                                  *