[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Radiant in DRA/CYG ? (June 18-19)

<<
  Dear Mr. Stomeo,

 The meteors from the Draco radiant are very interresting indeed. This looks
 like the same radiant (virtually same position!) of which George Zay and Bob
 Lunsford noted low level activity some nights earlier, and from which I
 noted a small outburst on June 15/16 1996 (see WGN (Journal of the
 International Meteor Organization) 24:4 p. 115-118 (August issue 1996). This
 is indeed very interresting. It strengthens the opinion that a real stream
 has been acive.

 Marco Langbroek
 Dutch Meteor Society
 |   >>
------
Marco,

I just saw my copy of Aug WGN and your Draco article...I want to point out
that you erred in saying that bob and I reported it over the internet and
viewed it on June 15/16...We made the observations on the night of June 11/12
and I reported it to the internet on June 12 here on this list and numerous
other places...I'm sure it's in this lists Archive? Don't have time to go
over it any more than that...I gotta go and observe some more Perseids
now...later.
George Zay