[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Aug 11/12 Tim Printy

<< Subj:	Re: Aug 11/12 Results ZAY
 Date:	96-08-12 20:46:03 EDT
 From:	TPrinty
 To:	GeoZay

 Agree with your results.  Here in eastern Fla, we had partly cloudy skies
but was able to observe the shower.  Observed from 0500 - 0845 UT with
following results.

 0500-0600  15 Perseids, 1 NDA, 1 K Cygnid, 1 Sporadic

 0600-0700  7 Perseids, 1 NDA, 2 KCygnid (Unusually slow hour)

 0700-0800  26 Perseids, 2 NDA, 1 KCygnid, 4 Sporadic

 0800-0845  25 Perseids, 4 Sporadics

 I noticed shower was lacking in many bright meteors.  In 1994, I was amazed
at number of negative magnitudes observed.  However, this year a majority of
the meteors were at the +3 to +4  level.  Brightest meteor observed was only
magnitude -4.

 Interesting point is that from 0749 - 0804 UT I observed a flurry of faint
Perseids.  There were 15 meteors from the radiant.  Many were at the +3 to +4
level with a few bright ones sprinkled in.

 I will forward data in the next day or so.  Very tired.  I had to work today
after staying up all night!  Good luck with rates tonight.

 Tim Printy