[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) August 13 Observations

-- [ From: Robert Lunsford * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

I cut back to just 4 hours tonight. I needed the extra sleep plus my
back is killing me from those 6 hour sessions on the lounge chair.
George was good enough to let me watch from the observatory roof with
him; away from the bugs and the dirt. I am not really complaining
because his ground floor observing site is much safer than any of the
other sites I use to visit. Anyway, rates were down a good 1/3 to 1/2
from the previous night. Gone also was a majority of the fireball
activity. I am interested in George's rates for the night as he seemed
to be seeing a lot of activity that went unnoticed by me. We had the
same general field of view except later in the morning I shifted
further eastward to take in some of the activity occurring in Taurus
and surrounding regions.

08:00-09:00 UT   6.37   1 CAP   14 PER   2 SDA   6 SPO

09:00-10:00 UT   6.34   29 PER   2 SDA   14 SPO

10:00-11:00 UT   6.37   2 NDA   30 PER   3 SDA   6 SPO

11:00-12:00 UT   6.22   34 PER   14 SPO

F and TeFF were 1.00 for all 4 hours. A cassette recorder was used.
Temperature:  67 F (19C)  Relative Humidity: 29%

Bob Lunsford