Duration of Watch : 40 mins, Time : 23 30 UT - 00 09 UT

Date : 14/15th August

Limiting Mag : 5.0 decreasing to 4.0

Meteors : (Observed through breaks in the cloud!)

Perseid     Sporadic        Train       Mag      Colour
               X             3 sec      1.0      white
               X             1 sec      2.0      white
               X             wake       3.5      white

Now to explain. The reason for the very short duration of the watch was due
to..... yes you guessed it! the weather. The radiant was constantly covered
by cumulus which as the watch progressed did an exceptional job of both
reflecting the glare from the streetlights -thus reducing the lim mag- and
not moving!. Luckily the location from which I am choosing to observe from
does not have any streetlights close by, so in the future it shall provide
quite a good dark site -and it's 30 seconds from my parents house!. After
approximately 40 minutes the sky was almost 90% covered by patchy cumulus.
Unfortunately, I could not get any "useable" data from my very, very brief
observing session, but I thought I'd post this for a bit of fun, I'm getting
fed up complaining about the weather ! :).

I'll most likely check the weather at half-hourly intervals for the rest of
the night.

Clear Weather -How I wish!,

Graham.
*Graham Beedie, Monifieth, Dundee, Tayside, Scotland, UK.*
*LAT - 56 deg 27' 54"N                                   *
*LON - 003 deg 00' 42"W                                  *