[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Perseid 1996 outburst observed by DMS-members!

Hi everybody!

You already learned about two teams of the Dutch Meteor Society heading to
the German/Polish border to escape the great monster-depression which
covered most of western Europe.

Well, by the mailing of our Marco Langbroek you know one team stopped their
"crash" to clear skies just above Berlin. Teams of the AKM/IMO (Juergen
Rendtel, Sirko Molau a.o.) had more luck when they observed the outburst too
near the German/Polish border.

The other DMS-team (Hans Betlem a.o.) drove back to Holland and got into a
clear spell after the cold-front near Hannover! And they observed the
Perseid 1996 outburst almost in full! Visual, photographic and
spectrographic observations were carried out by 12 observers of the Dutch
Meteor Society.

Jaap van 't Leven and Jos Nijland stayed in Holland and were also very lucky
to observe the Perseid outburst during clear spells at their observing site!
Many bright meteors have been photographed by Jaap and Jos of which some
will be multistation.

The preliminary results are published on our DMS website:

Please have a look at out web-site! The information supplied will be updated
as soon as more results become available such as photographs.

Many best wishes,

Casper.
|     Casper ter Kuile, Akker 145, NL-3732 XD De Bilt, the Netherlands     |
|    Phone: (31)-30-2203170; Fax: (31)-30-2202695; GSM: (31)-6-54723974    |
|                         E-mail: pegasoft@cc.ruudot nl                       |
|       World Wide Web: http://www.pidot net/~terkuile/meteors/dms.htm        |