[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Cloudy in Southern California

-- [ From: Robert Lunsford * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

Would you know it. I start bragging about our weather and it suddenly
clouds up.
I woke to clear skies at 11:30 pm and started driving towards George's
observatory. Suddenly I see a big wall of clouds in the east. I cannot
tell initially if they are high or low level clouds. After a few more
miles it is apparent that they are high level and that I could be in
trouble. I drive about 1/2 the distance and I still see absolutely no
stars to the east. At that point I turned back and decided to go to
work with the hope I can reschedule my observing session for tomorrow.
It started raining lightly at work around 2am and there was also some
lightening to the north.

Maybe tomorrow will be better!

Bob Lunsford