[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Antw: Re: (meteorobs) Counting method time accuracy

At 21:38 16-08-96 -0400, you wrote:

><< George
>
> Felix B. and I build an all-sky camera with a Junghans radiocontrolled
>clock.
> With the help of a little electronica the camera, a nikon m3 with build in
>motordrive is
> transporting every hour an new frame in frond of the lens. Almost verey
>night 3 of 4 camera's
> are working hre in the Netherlands. The time is perfect an the camera is
>running perfect as well.
> Those colck cost about $ 20,- overhere.
> And the give time hour, minute an seconds alswell as sleeping time, must be
>interesting for
> you:-))
>
> bye
>
> Marc
>
> -- >>
>----
>Marc,
>Sorry for the delayed response, but the Perseids kinda put everything on the
>back burner.  after reading what you wrote above, it brings up a question to
>my mind...Do you have some means to record automatically the exact time when
>the camera records a fireball?
>George Z.

Hi George (again),

Kind 'a catched up in this conversation between you and Marc. We use such a
device for our Dutch Meteor Society all sky network (seven automatic
stations). Works by means of photoelectric cell coupled to a computer.
Certainly catches meteors bright enough for camera's. We have two such units
operational, one in Leiden, one in Oostkapelle. You should ask Hans Betlem
for more details (betlem@strw.leidenunivdot nl), I only know that it exists and
works well (many years already), have had much benefit of it. Hardly ever
have an all-sky photograph without time of meteor known (only if both
mentioned stations were clouded out and other stations of us captured the
fireball...).

Regards!

Marco
|     Casper ter Kuile, Akker 145, NL-3732 XD De Bilt, the Netherlands     |
|    Phone: (31)-30-2203170; Fax: (31)-30-2202695; GSM: (31)-6-54723974    |
|                         E-mail: pegasoft@cc.ruudot nl                       |
|       World Wide Web: http://www.pidot net/~terkuile/meteors/dms.htm        |