[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Radiant in DRA/CYG ? (June 18-19)

<< About Xi Draconids: might well be that you and Bob and the Italians saw a
 background component. The alpha Monocerotids seem to have such a low
 background component too (see our article in the Astroph. Journal,
 forthcoming). Quite some people independantly have coupled my observations
 to the 1966 June Lyrids. Might well be that this is indeed the same stream.
 Looking forward to see what Gary Kronk comes up with.

 Good Luck!

 -Marco
 *- >>
------
Marco,
prior to noting the Xi Draconids, on this mailing list there was a discussion
about the June Lyrids being active or not...Bob and I were very keen as to
where the June Lyrid radiant was suppose to be...we even noted a couple
possible June Lyrids...there is no doubt in my mind that the possible Xi
Draconids did not have the same radiant position as that of the June
Lyrids...the June Lyrids and possible Draconids are two different animals.

Well...at about the time I stoppped my Perseid campaign I was wearing a bit
thin...I told Bob that I was quitting after my last night that we did
observe...he was to go on for another 2 nights...but the weather turned
bad...good timing on my part.  But as I last heard, Bob will be observing
tonight and the next 3 nights...the weather looks good now...I will have to
pass this go around and enjoy the presence of my two daughters...I don't have
the 16 year old except once every few months.  I still got a lot of meteor
reports to catch up on though...probably won't get back started on them until
after next saturday....when I'm back at work and can do some of it in the
evenings during our quiet periods.
George Z.