[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) intro / radio obs.

Greetings to all meteorobservers.

I'm 36 years old, live near Villach, Austria and enjoy radio meteor observing
since last year when  Thomas Ashcraft, Chris Steyaert and others helped me to
set all up.  I'm now using the FFTDSP method for recording, and record the
(radio) doppler spectra from all meteors, usually some 20 hours / day.  (See
http://wwwdot net4you.co.at/user/kuneth/info.html     for more informations,
including the radio meteor gallery). My monthly report is send to RMOB (Chris
Steyaert).

While my professional background is computing, I'm also an active radio amateur
and do some (basic) radio astronomy experiments and observe satellites
(visually).

Visual meteor observations are getting more interesting for me as I live now a
in a dark location (if it's clear than it's better that 6.0 usually).  I enjoy
the lively discussion here and learned (and continue to learn)  very much from
it.

Regards, Werfried Kuneth, Austria.