[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Aug. 10/11, 1996 Perseids

George Gliba wrote:
>I was really surprised to see eight Xi Perseids (I know
>the radiant moves) from 6:15 to 8:15 UT. Perhaps as few were plotting, or
>looking for these meteors they were missed by others? Anyway, I haven't
>heard any other reports of any Xi Perseids.

Sorry, I must have missed your earlier posts about the XPRs, George? I did what
I THOUGHT was an extensive search of the literature for likely radiants to watch
for, but never saw any mention of this shower. Definitely saw a couple of KCGs
per hour on Aug 11/12, as well as a couple of (very late!) PAUs on the night of
Aug 10/11, but I guess I'll never know if I saw any XPRs now... :(

Clear skies,
Lew