[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Aug. 10/11, 1996 Perseids

At 17:31:20 19 Aug 96 Lew Gramer said:

>Sorry, I must have missed your earlier posts about the XPRs, George? I did what

>I THOUGHT was an extensive search of the literature for likely radiants to
>watch for, but never saw any mention of this shower...

Actually, I didn't know about them in the literature either before I noticed
the Xi Perseids during a mini-outburst at the Stellafane convention two years
ago, and a reappearence of them again this year (rain and Full Moon last year)
I did see a referance to a shower called 1925 XI in a list of meteor showers
by Dirk Artoos, of Belgium, dated October 10, 1989 AFTER the Perseid maximum.
Later, Gary Kronk brought many referances to this shower in the literature and
in his database to my attention.

GWG