[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: (meteorobs) Book on meteor observing

Bill,
This is a good intro book, however, it was published in 1986 and has been
replaced by a 1995 Version
(Rendtel,Arlt, McBeath) which is available from the IMO for $20. That older
version is available (if there are any left) at $5 from Robert Lunsford,
who normally frequents this location, but rumor is he smoked his modem and
will be incommunicado for a while. However, perhaps George Z can give him a
ring and see if any remain. I got my 2 copies from Bob (one of which I
donated to my Astronomy club, the other  which I have read 6 times while
waiting for the new version to arrive....however I am hopeful that it will
come soon. I'm all caught up on WGN's for the year!, and have an
interesting collection of European stamps!). So hang for a little while and
see if the $5 ones are still available. That is my humble opinion.
Wayne Tv
-------------
Original Text
From "Bill Tschumy" <bill@otherwisedot com>, on 8/20/96 9:51 AM:
To: "Meteor Obs" <meteorobs@latradedot com>

I just recently received a Willmann-Bell catalog.  They have a book by
Roggemans entitled "Handbook For Visual Meter Observations" ($18.95).
Would this be a good book for getting up to speed on meteor observing?

---
Bill Tschumy
Otherwise -- Austin, TX
Creators of Artificial Life