Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 15:42:51 +0400
From: Mihail <mx@ropnet.cronyx.ru>
To: grian@ssaa.cris.crimea.ua, IMO News <imo-news@tu-chemnitzdot de>
Subject: Preliminary: Perseids in Crimea

We have observed Perseids under very heavy weather. Quickly moving
cloudiness of several layers during August 10-11 and 11-12 allowed us
to catch only few hours of clear skies per night. Fortunately due to
simultaneous observations at different points of Crimea separated by
50-150 km we succeded to track Perseids activity during 11-12. Until
3h30m UT activity was poor, then it became to rise quite intensively.
Maximum was sharp, only 30 min in time. Total number of Perseids between
3h00m and 5h30m was reported about 200. At 12-13 and 13-14 activity was
poor, but an excellent 'stationary' meteor +2m was observed right in the
radiant.
- --
Mihail Bidnichenko - Mx@ropnet.cronyx.ru

------- End of Forwarded Message