Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 16:28:26 +0200 (MET DST)
From: Slaven Garaj <slaven@visnjan.hr>
To: imo-news@tu-chemnitzdot de
Subject: Perseids - educational efforts

Hello,

At the Visnjan Observatory (Croatia, Istria), we are observing Perseids, as
a part of the annual Visnjan School of Astronomy. Unfortunatelly, we had
terrible clouds at the time of the maximum. Despite this tragic event,
we are not discouraged. I will send all of our data in a few hours.

Thr meteor observation group (as a part of the Visnjan School of Astronomy =
http://astro.visnjan.hr/vsa) is prepearing a poster and a report for the end
of the school. If you could send me ZHR reports for the last 10 days I
will be most grateful. Then we could construct most of the curve.
Observations from the USA are the most welcome.

Look at this as a excelent educational effort to enlarge number of
meteor-observers :)

Best regards,

Slaven Garaj 	sgaraj@jagor.srce.hr	http://jagor.srce.hr/~sgaraj
Visnjan Observatory 		http://pubwww.srce.hr/visnjan

P.S. Preliminary data from our observations will be available in few hours
at the address: http://pubwww.srce.hr/visnjan/per96

------- End of Forwarded Message