[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Triangulids/Arieids

<< George and Kevin:

 Are you talking about fast meteors from the triangulum/aries region? If so,
 these are indeed conspicuous (like last night!), though any real radiants
 hard to establish. Our observers plotted a lot of them. Might be meteors
 coming from the Apex, i.e. you see the Earth move through space and catch up
 sporadic meteors. Peter (Jenniskens) wrote once about that in Radiant
 (journal DMS), but have to look that up for more details.

 Cheerio,

 Marco Langbroek
 *----- >>
Marco,
I really don't know too much about this possible radiant...but I believe I
read in Sky and Telescope about a year or two ago that they were of medium
velocity...so...I'm just going to plot everything...as I would usually do
near those dates and see if I can see anything outstanding to take note of. I
hope to devote at least 3 nites then with the last night being on Sept
11/12...unfortunately I will have to work the following nite...but I think if
there is anything there, I might plot some kind of activity at least the
night before...but from my records...I haven't seen anything suspicious
around those dates...but will concentrate my watch this time within the
vicinity of Triangulum and Aries.
George Z.