[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Triangulids/Arietids ?

Dear everyone,

With regard to the captioned discussion (quoted below) I refer Marco to our "chatting" last Sunday and
remark having logged one conspicuously fast meteor, which I wrote down as 'super swift' sporadic and
commented to Marco/Casper as maybe extra-solar, viz. my observation from the location shown below,
sighted  at 1996.08.18 - 00.53 UT, which I would think was M. +1,5 and generally seemed to come from
approx. the Taurus area, flying westward, but I  must stress that Tau. was hardly visible from by garden lying
down; the part of the trajectory  I saw, commenced indeed just south of the Ari./Tri. area, 'loosing altitude'
slowly, but nearly parallell to my horizon. I remember it as faster than any meteor I have seen (note my ca. one
year true observing only!).

                            Best regards; see you at the IMC!
--
Sent by:  Dick V. Gevers    Home: Speerdistelveld 5, 3448 EK  Woerden, NL          [ GEVDI ]
phone: (0031) (0) 348 420 279  Location:   52.04' 51" N.   -    04.41' 52" E.