[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Observing the Arietids-Triangulids

<< I was pondering doing some telescopic/binocular observing for some period
 of time myself, as an experiment. I guess that's worth attemping?It will
 not be my primary focus(pun intended- we're tied 1-1:-)
 since I will be tri-ing (that's 2) to refine my plotting skills and this
 seems like a useful opportunity. Any suggestions where I might point my
 optical assisters from those with more detailed knowledge of the suspected
 radaints?
 Wayne
 ----- >>
Wayne,
I wouldn't recommend using binoculars in this case...especially for a
beginner. the purpose of this nite is to confirm the existence of a shower
that may not be there. but if you are going to still use the binoculars,
might as well point it at the suspected areas of Triangulum and Aries. Using
binoculars for any length of time is very tedious and somewhat disorienting.
Try using a wide angle low magnification.
George Z.