[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Facing the Radiant or Not

<< On August 21, George Zay wrote,

 >Also, I didn't say look at the radiant, I said to face the radiant. That
way
 > you can better 'back-look, to a possible area (not always a precise
radiant)
  >to determin any possible association.

 I like this and see absolutely nothing wrong with it. In another discussion
 thread I was not aware that you were still facing the radiant. I hope I
didn't
 offend you by sounding like I was contradicting you, because it seems we
were
 ultimately arguing about the same point!   :-)

 Gary

------
Gary,
I didn't say this...George Gliba did....but looking at about 30 degrees from
the possible radiant areas, you are essentially facing the radiant.  Remember
that viewing 30 degrees from a radiant this means that there is a circle of
30 degrees around the radiant.  Choose the best area around this circle to
view...if part of the circle is near the horizon, it stands to reason this
isn't a good place to center your view. There may be a point where you will
have to move your center of view as the night goes, but there should be a
region around this circle that is appropriate as long as the radiant is in
the sky.
George Z.