[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Apex???

Believe it or not, less than 5 minutes after I received this, Jack
Horkheimer(sp???) "The Star Hustler" just informed me that "The Apex of the
Sun's Way" is in the direction of Vega! How's that for cosmic humor. What
an entertaining little show he has. Great for getting kids interested.
That's it for now, and.......
"Keep Looking Up"
Wayne

Thanks for asking that, Wayne! Also, for the meteor infall which is
currently
attributed to extrasolar materials (I sent out a message relating to this a
while back, based on an article in S&T), do you then define a "solar apex"
for
the direction of the solar system's motion relative to material in local
interstellar space? Or is the apex already defined as the result of a
vector addition of these two motions? Neat stuff to think
about...

Lew