[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) FWD from GeoZay: NAMN Resignation

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 20:00:25 -0400
From: GeoZay@aoldot com
To: LUNRO.IMO.USA@prodigydot com, Lance@think.jpl.nasadot gov, jhouser@muskingumdot edu,
        peter@canlon.physics.uwodot ca, 71271.3373@compuservedot com,
        ZQZK15A@prodigydot com, Andromed@atm.daldot ca, kronkg@medicine.wustldot edu,
        Jbrennen@supernet.abdot ca, akela@sunbeltdot net, skristof@venusdot net,
        wayne@popalex1.linknetdot net, grinch@rahuldot net, Jpenner@earthlinkdot net,
        tommoss@isdndot net, nmcleod@peganetdot com, zat2111@singnetdot com.sg,
        LheLzer@jasper.knoxdot net, wayne.t.hally@bangate1.tekdot com,
        dedalus@latradedot com, 71600.501@compuservedot com, wdemmery@entrenetdot com,
        FYDS16A@prodigydot com, GLIBA@grossc.gsfc.nasadot gov,
        MeteorObs@charlestondot net, Chris.Fuchs@jcidot com, rteagle@freddot net,
        jglover@accessusdot net, twinkle@worldaccessdot nl, pgural@trg1.saicdot com,
        bennie@wkudot campus.mcidot net, arm@centuryinterdot net, Johrt@cablereginadot com,
        Blee@ltecdot net, bjarvis@ezlinkdot com, graham.wolf@nzpca.org.nz,
        d.mac.10478@www1.utechdot net, rtotzke@omnifest.uwmdot edu,
        jjimw@centuryinterdot net, marji@l5rdot com, bacchia@sparrow.csc.vscdot edu,
        bill@otherwisedot com, gmlong@suffolk.lib.ny.us, antares@pworlddot net.ph,
        Binder@onrampdot net, meteorobs@latradedot com, jrendtel@aipdot de,
        100114.1361@compuservedot com
Subject: NAMN Resignation

Hello!
I regret in having to make the announcement that I resign effective
immediately as being a coordinator for the North American Meteor
Network(NAMN). The reason being is due to a major conflict within the
organization as to how to lift U.S. meteor science to a level nearly as good
as most European meteor groups.  I had intended to explain this in more
detail, but will leave it here at that. If an individual wants to hear
more... I will email them my views privately.

Although I will be out of the NAMN/ALPO loop, I still plan on doing my normal
meteor work as always but report directly to IMO.  I still will give advice
and welcome meteor related questions...particularly to the new observer who
wants to learn.  For those who are on the meteor observers mailing list I'm
sorry for the troublesome nature of my postings...but I thought it necessary.
 Perhaps my aggressive and abusive manner will open up some eyes and teach
something after the dust settles? But if it doesn't, the U.S. meteor
observing program will at worst be where I've found it..dot dead and stagnant.

Respectfully,
George Zay

------- End of Forwarded Message