[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: NAMN Resignation

Hi Everybody,

In reference to George Zay's decision to resign as Coordinator of NAMN, I
too regret that he has chosen to do so. However, the work of the Network
will continue as before, with only minor changes being made to reflect the
assignment of duties George had been performing.

These duties were associated with receiving the observing reports from
members, reviewing them for obvious errors, and forwarding them to both ALPO
and IMO. Reports should now be sent to me for this purpose. After review, I
will archive the reports for NAMN, and forward a copy to both of the above
organizations.

There will be no change in the observing methods that we use. From the
beginning, the NAMN has adopted the IMO standards for visual observing and
we will continue to function under those guidelines. Additionally, the
partnership we have formed with IMO will remain unchanged. If there are any
questions on what these methods are, meteor observing itself, or on the NAMN
in general, please feel free to contact me at the address below.

Both Lew Gramer and Gary Kronk will continue to serve as mailing list
administrator and web master respectively. Questions regarding these two
NAMN functions should continue to be directed to them.

If anyone has any concerns, comments or questions about the organizational
change of the Network, please let me know.

I look forward to our upcoming observing sessions, and wish everyone clear
skies!

Mark Davis
MeteorObs@charlestondot net
Awendaw, South Carolina, USA
Coordinator, North American Meteor Network (NAMN)
Assistant Recorder, ALPO Meteors Section
Visit the NAMN home page at:
	http://medicine.wustldot edu/~kronkg/namn.html