Original Text
From: Mark Davis <MeteorObs@Charlestondot net>, on 8/25/96 9:34 PM:
To: <meteorobs@latradedot com>

Lew,

In your August 24/24 meteor report, you noted:

>This home-session was a lucky one however...AND, we have a family of very
>BOLD skunks also using our garage as a way-station! These varmints
>actually forced me inside for 5 minutes in the middle of the watch,
>and then necessitated a hasty retreat on my part as morning dawned!
>I haven't felt so close to the wilderness in a long time. ;>

This brings back memories of my skunk observing in the Blue Ridge Mtns. of
VA. My closest encounter was in a dirt field while observing from a lounge
chair. I noticed the movement at a distance, flashed a light on the critter,
began to make noise to scare him off...all without success. Finally, I had
to retreat about 20 yards and let him walk right by my chair.

But then I was able to return to my observing without further incident...

Mark Davis
MeteorObs@charlestondot net