[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Ron Ron Rennie's Daylight Meteor

Ron asked:

>A couple of weeks back I made a report about a bright single meteor that
>I had seen in broad daylight.  I thought this must be so rare that I
>thought it worth reporting to some official body and I filled out what I
>could on your NAMN form and also sent an attachment.  I have not seen any
>response to this and am curoius as to what it was.  I did see a brief
>report on a Denver TV news broadcast, and I also have a cutting from an
>Apen, CO. newspaper reporting it's sighting, so I know it was real.  The
>local police even sent out officers to try and find it. But I saw it in
>north western Oklahoma, almost four hundred miles from Denver, so I guess
>they didn't find it!  Did you ever see any reports, or hear about this
>meteor?  I would be grateful for any information, or sources.

Hi Ron, no I never received the report you mention, but it may have made it
to FIDAC (Fireball Data Center of IMO). You might contact the Director,
Andre Knofel, for information on additional sightings. His email address is:

starex@tron.gundot de

Hope this helps!

Mark Davis
NAMN Coordinator