[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) perception coefficient

Hello folks,

> On Perception coefficients...I have an article from Peter Jenniskens entitled
> "Meteor Stream Activity II. Meteor Outburst".  In it on the listed page of
> 207, Peter mentions that an observers Perception coefficient is derived by
> comparing the observed sporadic rates with the expected sporadic rate seen by
> a standard observer at 0h local time during the month of August for the
> northern Hemisphere and during the month of February in the Southern
> Hemisphere.

I read the article of Peter which is definitely very interesting stuff.
Peter deals especially with meteor outbursts (part 3 and 4 of the paper)
and came up with some new ideas.
However, Peter uses another way of determining the perception
coefficient than the visual commissioner of IMO...
By the way, Peters papers are not available in the Internet, but
I'm quite sure, that he will send you reprints if you request them. You
only need to contact him by e-mail: peter@max.arc.nasadot gov
Sirko

*           Sirko Molau             *                    __              *
*          Str.246 Nr.16            *             " 2B v 2B "            *
*          D-13086 Berlin           *                                    *
*   smo@informatik.tu-chemnitzdot de   *                       Shakespeare  *
*   http://www.tu-chemnitzdot de/~smo  *                                    *