Subj:  Meteorite seen 8/23
Date:  96-08-28 15:02:02 EDT
From:  L5 SCORPIO

I am looking for someone with information re: a meteor or meteorite seen late
8/22 or early 8/23 in eastern USA.  A group of us were in the Poconos in PA
and saw it falling and felt the impact.  We are all inexperienced with
astronomy and thought it may have been a plane crash but we saw nothing on
the news.  We then spoke with someone who saw something exactly the same in
Toronto at the same exact time.  Any info you could offer would be greatly
appreciated!!