[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Video Meteor System Survey

Dear friends,

at the "European Symposium on Occultation Projects" last weekend in
Berlin I got to know Andrew Elliot from the UK. I was surprised to hear,
that he has been using an image intensified video system for several years.
Thus, it was another proof for my suspiction, that there are much more
video systems around than we currently know about.

This is why I have now decided to compile a list of all video meteor
systems currently in operation. If you own a system or regularly operate
one, please, fill out the little questionaire below to your best
knowledge, and send it back to

smo@informatik.tu-chemnitzdot de

or via snail mail to

Sirko Molau
Str.246 Nr.16
D-13086 Berlin
Germany

If some of your friends do have such systems, but not an own e-mail
account, plaese, forward them my request or fill out the form for them.

The results of the survey will soon be published in IMO's WWW Video
Observer Pages at http://www.tu-chemnitzdot de/~smo/imo/video/video.html

Thank you in advance for your help.
Sirko Molau

                      Video Meteor System Survey

Name of the System (if it has one):

Year of First Light:

Literature Reference (where the system is described best):

Description of the Video System
-------------------------------

Lens (type, focal length, f-ratio):

Image Intensifier
(generation, type, gain, diameter of photo cathode/output screen):

Video Camera (type):

How is the time recorded?

Do you record acoustic signals in parallel?

Power Supply (12V battery/power generator/socket):

Camera Mounting (fixed/driven):

Properties of the Video Sytem
-----------------------------

Limiting Magnitude for Stars (under good conditions):

Diameter of the Field of View:

Video Observation of Meteors
----------------------------

Ususal Type of Observation (single station/multi station/both):

Do you analyse your video tapes?

If yes: How?

Operator of the Camera

Name:

Address:

E-Mail Address:

Owner of the Camera (if different from the operator):

Please return to: smo@informatik.tu-chemnitzdot de

or to: Sirko Molau
       Str.246 Nr.16
       D-13086 Berlin
       Germany                                          Thank you!